International maritime transport
World Ocean Cargo Ibérica was born as a representative of OWL USA in Spain with the intention of offering the service of international maritime transport of containers. More than 20 years in the sector, guarantee our experience in the maritime sector.
We offer maritime container services
in full container loads (FCL, Full Container Load) and groupage (LCL, Less Than Container Load), so that the customer can choose the option that best suits their needs and the volume of goods to be transported.
Our service stands out for being personalised: You only have to choose the type of container you need and the destination. With this information, we will take care of coordinating all the maritime transport, both nationally and internationally.
Maritime transport of goods in simple steps
To manage the transport of goods
by sea, you must provide us with the following information:
- The volume, measurements and weight of the goods to be transported. In this way, we will determine whether it is a partial or full load.
- Depending on the type of goods, you can choose with or without temperature control, for general or hazardous cargo.
- Determine the type of collection and delivery. We offer the following options:
- Door-to-door service: Collection and delivery at the addresses indicated by the customer.
- Door to port service: Collection at the door of origin and delivery at the port of destination.
- Port to door service: Collection at the port of origin and delivery at the address indicated by the client.
Export and import of goods
WOC Ibérica offers you the possibility of exporting and importing all types of goods to anywhere in the world. We deal directly with customs agents and warehouses all over the world. In this way we can offer greater security for the goods.
It does not matter the country of origin or destination of the goods, as we are part of two networks of agents (SFN - www.specialistfreightnetworks.com and C5C
which allows us to ship all over the world.
Advantages of international maritime transport
The main advantages of maritime transport are:
- Low costs: large volumes of goods at competitive prices.
- Few restrictions: you can ship any product anywhere in the world, even dangerous goods.
- More environmentally friendly: shipping large quantities of goods in one shipment considerably reduces the environmental impact.
Documents needed to transport goods by sea
Documentation for sea shipments:
- A BL (Bill of Lading) must be issued. This is a contract of carriage by sea that specifies the conditions under which the goods have been received for transport by ship. It also serves to identify the parties involved and the goods being transported.
- The BL can be MBL (Master Bill of Lading) which appears if there are freight forwarders involved or the direct exporter and importer and is issued by the shipping company. If it is HBL (House Bill of Lading), the actual exporter and importer will appear and it will be issued by a freight forwarder.
- The BL can be Express (it is enough with the presentation in pdf by email to dispatch the goods and deliver them) or Original (3 originals and 2-3 copies are printed depending on the need and against the delivery of documents the goods can be dispatched and then delivered).
- Commercial invoice, packing list and dispatch authorisation are required in order to issue shipping and dispatch instructions.
- Dispatches are made when the goods enter the terminal at the port of departure.
International agent network
Direct contact with most of the world's ports thanks to the international agent networks SFN and C5C (SFN
) of which WOC Ibérica has been an active member for more than 6 years.
Their support in all our shipments ensures that the cargo is safe and controlled at all times.
The experience and reliability guarantees both networks where the number of international agents consolidates year after year.
Main international shipping lines
WOC Ibérica provides a quality and competitive service thanks to direct contact with the main shipping lines. The objective, to have an ideal space on the ships. Detailed information on where the goods are at all times, date of departure, date of arrival and documents required for transport.